Facebook gets a bad rap a lot of the time, but it was through Facebook that I found Bertha’s family.
I joined a Facebook page called ‘I am of Swedish Descent’, and posted the question about Bertha to see if anyone in Sweden could locate the information for me. Almost instantly I had an answer.
It seems Bertha’s father had two marriages: the first to Helena Bengtsdotter, and the second to Helena Christoffersdotter.
Carl Johan Dahlberg, Bertha’s father, was a bricklayer (murare) and was born 22 October 1818.
Carl Johan Dahlberg’s parents were Christoffer Dahlberg, a bricklayer, and Elisabeth Lethin (or Ledin). They had:
- Carl Fredric Dahlberg b. 15 July 1814 (d. 22 October 1814)
- Berndt Edvard Dahlberg b. 28 April 1816
- Carl Johan Dahlberg b. 22 October 1818
- Carolina Elisabeth b. 20 May 1821
- Gustaf Reinhold b. 24 September 1824
Carl Johan Dahlberg and Helena Bengtsdotter had the following children:
- Emma Charlotta Dahlberg b. 29 July 1842
- Franz Oscar Dahlberg b. 4 March 1845 – d. 3 April 1845
- Karl Fredrik Dahlberg b. 26 May 1846 – d. 26 October 1846
- Maria Josefina Bernhardina Dahlberg b. 22 January 1848 – d. 11 February 1848
- Berta Amalia Dahlberg b. 13 March 1849 – d. 18 July 1850
- Bertha Amalia Alexandra Dahlberg b. 25 September 1851
- Gustaf Bernhard Leonhard Dahlberg b. 15 March 1853
- Karl Edvard Lexington Dahlberg b. 5 August 1857 – d. 9 December 1858
Carl married Helena Christoffersdotter and they had three children:
- John Hugo Dahlberg b. 1868
- Charles Hugo Dahlberg b. 1869 d. 1872
- Engela Matilda Dahlberg b. 1872
As I find more information, I will add it here.